Histology paraffin wax is a practical granular paraffin wax for the immersion waxing, embedding and sectioning of tissue samples. High quality paraffin wax is compounded with standard polymers by an advanced process. The slices are smooth and can be as thin as 2 μm, and the melting point ranges from 52°C to 62°C, so you can choose the wax you need.
Elements of histology paraffin waxes
1) Paraffin wax for embedding, with a melting point between 50 and 60°C, should be selected according to the hardness of the material itself, the thickness of the section and the prevailing temperature conditions. Generally, the most commonly used paraffin wax for animal materials has a melting point of 52-56℃, and that for plant materials is 54-58℃; the thin section is 58-60℃, and the thick section is 52-54℃; the paraffin wax with a melting point of 52-54℃ can be used for smooth sectioning at room temperature of 10-19℃, and the paraffin wax with a melting point of 46-48℃ is available in winter, and that with a melting point of 56-58℃ is optional in summer.
2) Embedding is to make the wax-soaked tissue block wrapped in paraffin. The specific practice is; first prepare the mold, put the tissue flat on the bottom of the mold, cut side down and then cover the embedding box on the mold, pour the molten wax into the mold until the wax overflows out of the mold, then gently lift the mold and put it flat in the freezing table, wait for it to cool and solidify rapidly for about 10 min and then take it out.
The temperature of the wax for embedding should be slightly higher than the temperature of the permeable wax to ensure that the tissue block is completely fused with the surrounding paraffin. Rapid cooling of the paraffin wax is also important, otherwise crystallization will occur in the embedded block. Otherwise, the embedded block will crystallize and cause fragmentation when slicing later.
Tianshiwax histology paraffin waxes product performance
1. Excellent slicing performance.
2. Easy to penetrate, no DMSO.
3. No odor, no precipitation.
4. Low temperature freezing without cracking and high temperature spreading without spreading.
1. Please store below 35℃ and avoid direct sunlight.
2. Paraffin wax caking may occur in high temperature storage, but it does not affect the use.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon