PTFE-polytetrafluoroethylene, referred to as PTFE or F4. Polytetrafluoroethylene is a polymer of tetrafluoroethylene. Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon or PTFE), commonly known as “Plastic King”, can be used as an additive.
PTFE Micro Powder (Fluorine additives) is a refined low molecular weight polytetrafluoroethylene, which is almost entirely consumed in the non-fluoropolymer industry. Micronized powders are added to mix in other products to enhance the properties of these products, and the addition of fluorine additives gives the matrix some of the properties of fluoropolymers that are rarely used on their own, such as dry film lubricants.
The types of brake pads are:
1. Semi-metal brake pads.
2. No metal brake pads.
3. Carbon fiber brake pads.
4. Ceramic fiber brake pads.
Brake pad refers to the friction material fixed on the brake drum or brake disc that rotates with the wheel. The friction lining and friction pad are subjected to external pressure to generate friction to achieve the purpose of vehicle deceleration.
PTFE micropowder as an independent or mixed solid lubricant as a friction performance modifier added to brake pads has the following benefits:
1. When the brake pads work, the PTFE micropowder particles can realize the particle transfer with the dual disc, and the working conditions are stable, it is not easy to generate vibration, and the braking noise is reduced.
2. The wear of the coupler can be reduced by the transfer of PTFE particles.
3. Due to the double sparse and self-cleaning properties of PTFE powder suppliers, it can reduce the pollution of impurity particles and oil stains on the brake pads, thereby reducing the accidental damage of the brake system and improving the working stability of the brake system.
4. Eliminate the adhesion and stagnation of the brake pads during use, so that the friction is stable and the surface wear is reduced.
5. Fluorine materials have excellent chemical resistance and weather resistance, reduce the rust phenomenon during use, and are suitable for different working environments.
The introduction of PTFE micropowder in the brake pad formulation can significantly improve noise, reduce the wear of the brake system, keep the brake system clean and self-clean, and prolong the service life of the brake system.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon