After the metal workpiece products are electroplated, in order to improve the protective performance of the coating, the post-treatment process of dipping the sealer is often used again. After the sealant treatment, it can avoid the microporous defects on the metal surface, isolate the metal surface from being corroded by air or environmental pollution, and improve the hardness of the electroplated metal to a certain extent and increase its service life.
It is a water-based acrylic sealer primer with flash rust inhibitor for metal surfaces. The water-soluble sealing agent developed by Nanjing Tianshi New Materials is composed of surfactants, sealing agents and water-soluble polymers, which are environmentally friendly and non-toxic. The water-soluble sealant coating is transparent, bright, smooth and plump, with excellent light resistance, color retention, weather resistance, heat resistance and corrosion resistance, and is suitable for various standard parts after electroplating (such as nickel, zinc, chromium etc.) surface anti-rust and anti-corrosion treatment, the anti-rust ability and salt spray resistance of the treated metal parts can be enhanced, the surface gloss is good, and there is no phenomenon of adhesion and welding.
Characteristics of electroplating sealers such as galvanized sealers and metal temporary protective primers:
1. Water-based environmental protection, no heavy metal ions, RoHS compliant.
2. Good corrosion resistance, neutral salt spray test can reach more than 240h.
3. The process is simple, only need to use the sealing solution instead of the last hot water cleaning.
4. No sagging.
5. Easy to operate and simple to control, mainly used in galvanized sealer, metal temporary protective primer, etc.
The recommended operation methods for the use of water-based metal sealants are as follows:
1. Dilute the sealing agent by 5~10 times, and it is recommended to raise the temperature to about 60°C.
2. After two washes of water, the plated parts are soaked in the sealant for 1 to 3 minutes (the effect is better if shaken several times).
3. After the plated parts are sealed, they should be dried in a centrifuge or an oven (the barrel plating can be spun dry, and the rack plating can be blown dry) at a temperature of 60-95 °C, subject to drying in the working solution (the original solution just disappears to colorless) That’s it.
(1) There is another recommendation for water-based anti-scratch additives suitable for sealants, which can be well adapted to the passivation liquid system and improve the surface wear resistance and scratch resistance.
(2) It is recommended that the workpiece be completely dried for 24 hours before the salt spray test can be performed.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon