Water-based thickener is a thickener for water-based acrylic copolymers that do not contain volatile (VOC) organic compounds. It can mainly increase the viscosity at high shear rates. It is commonly used in textile printing and dyeing, water-based coatings, papermaking, etc. used in the field.
There are many types of thickeners. According to the different components and their mechanism of action, acrylic thickener dr 72 in ahmedabad, polymer thickeners are mainly divided into cellulose thickeners, inorganic thickeners, polyurethane thickeners, acrylic thickeners and alkali swelling thickeners. Five categories of agents.
(1) Cellulose thickeners: Cellulose thickeners are of the “old” level in the thickening industry. Because of their good hydrophobicity, they can be used freely in both high shear and low shear conditions. Compared with other additives, its thickened system has improved in molding, brushable edge coverage and apparent performance, and is widely used in water-based systems, coatings, metalworking fluids, cutting fluids, grinding oils, cement, Concrete, ink, textile printing, paint. It can be used in the coating industry such as waterproof coatings, water-based coatings, printing coatings, architectural coatings, interior and exterior wall coatings, latex paints, leather edge oils, inks, etc.
(2) Inorganic thickeners: Compared with organic thickeners, inorganic thickeners use inorganic materials, such as natural clay, bentonite, attapulgite, etc., to thicken the product. For example, the bentonite inorganic thickening rheological agent series is a natural montmorillonite inorganic gel product made of high-quality bentonite as raw material and modified and refined. It has good dispersion, suspension and thickening properties. After dispersing in water, the particle size is fine and the distribution is uniform. It has good colloidal properties and strong thixotropic properties. It is a natural aluminosilicate thickening rheological agent.
(3) Polyurethane thickener: Polyurethane thickener is a commonly used thickening system on the market. It is an alkali-swellable associative thickener modified by hydrophobic groups. The viscosity shows corresponding viscosity with the size of the shear force, and can be used as a thickener or synergistic thickener for water-based coatings. When diluted with water and neutralized with alkali, the latex particles swell quickly. Under this condition, the emulsion will Becomes clear and very viscous. Due to the fast thickening speed of paint, it is often used in the thickening of water-based coatings, interior and exterior wall latex paints, water-based inks, adhesives, elastic glue, polyurethane and other systems.
(4) Polyacrylic acid thickener
Acrylic thickener is an anionic thickener, which can mainly increase the viscosity at high shear rate. It has better compactness to the coating film and can prevent the coating film from sagging and sedimentation. It is especially suitable for coatings, Thickening of emulsions, water-based adhesives, water-based paints, interior and exterior latex paints, water-based inks, adhesives, and elastic mucilage systems, with good thickening effect and good flow and leveling properties.
(5) Hydrophobically modified alkali-swellable thickener
This type of thickener has good biological stability and is resistant to biodegradation. Compared with acrylic thickener and cellulose thickener, it has better film fullness and leveling. It needs to adjust PH when using it. Disadvantages The water resistance and alkali resistance are poor. There are many varieties of thickeners, and the characteristics of different varieties of thickeners are different.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon