There are many kinds of waxes, and the form they show in the coating film can be roughly divided into the following three types:
1. Frosting effect: For example, when the melting point of the selected wax is lower than the baking temperature, since the wax melts into a liquid state during baking, after the film is cooled, a frost-like thin layer is formed on the coating surface.
2. Ball axis effect: This effect is that the wax is exposed to the outside because the particle size of the wax itself is similar to the coating film thickness, or even larger, so that the scratch resistance and anti-scratch performance of the wax can be displayed.
3. Floating effect: Regardless of the particle shape of the wax, the wax drifts to the surface of the coating film and evenly disperses during the film-forming process, so that the top layer of the coating film is protected by the wax, showing the characteristics of the wax.
Features offered by waxes in coatings
1. Wear-resisting, anti-scratch, anti-scratch: wax is distributed in the coating film to protect the coating film, prevent scratches, abrasions and provide abrasion resistance; such as container coatings, wood coatings, decorative coatings, etc. this function.
2. Control the coefficient of friction: usually use its low coefficient of friction to provide excellent smoothness of the coating film, and at the same time, it has a special silk soft touch due to different types of wax.
3. Chemical resistance: Due to the stability of wax, it can give the coating film better water resistance, salt water spray resistance and other properties.
4. Prevent sticking: avoid the phenomenon of sticking and sticking of the coated or printed objects.
5. Control the glossiness: choose the appropriate wax, and have different matting effects according to different addition amounts.
6. Prevent the deposition of hard deposits such as silica, and increase the storage stability of the coating.
7. Anti Metal Marking: Especially in the printing can coatings, in addition to providing good processability, it can also protect the storage stability of the printing can storage.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon