Why is the problem of anti-settling and anti-sagging of all-alcohol solvent system very difficult to solve? How to solve?
Answer: The anti-sinking and anti-sagging performance is better. A three-dimensional network structure must be established in the system to hold the powder. Moreover, this three-dimensional network structure must be easily deconstructed under construction shearing force, and can be quickly restored after deconstruction. This kind of thixotropy can solve the problem of anti-sag very well.
All the anti-settling and anti-sag agents on the market have three mechanisms for establishing a three-dimensional network structure. One is organic soil, which is a ‘card-house’ three-dimensional structure formed by the mutual attraction of positive and negative charges; the second is fumed silica. / Polyurea (such as BYK410, etc.), which completely relies on hydrogen bonds to establish a three-dimensional network structure; the third is ethylene wax pulp (such as 201P, etc.) / polyamide wax pulp (such as Deqian 209, etc.) / hydrogenated castor oil, relying on wax The ingredients swell together with the solvent to form a gel structure that allows pigment suspension and paint resistance to sag, and also relies on hydrogen bonds to establish some spatial network structures. These three types of anti-settling and anti-sag agents have such a mechanism that the unit alcohols will make their three-dimensional network structure rapidly structured and cannot be established.
For organic soils, a small amount of alcohol in an appropriate amount will help activate the organic soil, which is conducive to the better establishment of the card-house structure. If the amount of alcohol exceeds this amount, the established three-dimensional card-house structure will be rapidly deconstructed, thereby losing the anti-settling resistance. Sag effect. Containing excess alcohol will make it more difficult for all alcohol solvents to solve the problem of anti-settling and anti-sagging wax.
How to solve such problems? Since the action principle of these three types of anti-settling agents will be greatly affected by alcohol, is there any kind of substance that can be added to the coating and can establish a three-dimensional network structure without being affected by alcohol?
Such substances can form a three-dimensional structure by bonding with some polar groups on the surface of inorganic pigments and fillers and polar groups on resin molecules in a certain form, and this three-dimensional structure is not damaged by alcohols. After long-term testing and production verification by customers, and repeated improvement, a relatively mature product – alcohol/alcohol ether solvent system anti-settling dispersant ASD103 has been formed. Using 0.8-1.5% in the general formula can basically solve the problem.
Anti-settling and anti-sagging is also a big problem for oily systems containing more alcohols, alcohols and ethers. ASD103 is the first choice to solve such problems. Some customers use polyethylene wax anti-settling agent 201P 3% + polyamide wax slurry 1% for anti-settling of amino pearlescent paint system containing more alcohols, alcohols and ethers. %, the problem is solved satisfactorily, and the arrangement of pearlescent powder is improved, making it brighter.
AS103 also has a very good effect on the problem of anti-settling and anti-sagging of water-based systems with half-water and half-oil pseudo-water-based systems or water-based systems with more than 15% alcohol alcohol ether solvents. Some customers in Wenzhou use ASD103 at a dosage of 1.5%, which is a good solution for anti-sagging and anti-sagging. The viscosity of the system increases from 40 seconds to about 90 seconds, which has a relatively obvious thickening effect.
The water-based anti-settling dispersant ASD103W is derived from ASD103 (the anti-settling agent ASD103 based on alcohol/alcohol ether solvent), and has the following characteristics:
1. ASD103 is insoluble in water, which limits its application in most aqueous systems. ASD103W improves the water solubility of ASD103 and is completely soluble in water.
2. ASD103W has strong resistance to alcohol/alcohol ether solvent damage. Many color pastes dispersed by water-based dispersants add more than 10% alcohol/alcohol ether solvent, and the phenomenon of thickening will appear. The main reason is that the water-based dispersant has poor resistance to alcohol/alcohol ether solvents.
3. It retains the excellent anti-sagging and anti-sagging properties of ASD103, which is very helpful for the arrangement of matte powder/silver powder/pearl powder in water-based systems.
4. As a dispersant, it is mainly used for inorganic pigment fillers and carbon black phthalocyanine pigments.
5. Note for use: ASD103W also needs time to react with the active groups such as -COOH/-OH of the resin base material, so please add it in the powder grinding section before the paint making process, and grind together, and test the resistance 24 hours after proofing. Sag resistance.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon