In the process of polyethylene production, a small amount of oligomers, namely low molecular weight polyethylene, also known as macromolecular wax, is produced as polyethylene wax for short. It is widely used because of its excellent cold resistance, heat resistance, chemical resistance and wear resistance.
Polymer wax additives is a non-toxic, odorless, non-corrosive, white or slightly yellowish solid with a relative molecular mass of 1800-8000. It has good chemical stability, excellent temperature resistance, chemical resistance and electrical properties at room temperature, and has a wide range of applications. It can be used as a raw material for chlorinated polyethylene, a modifier for plastics, a coating agent for textiles, and an improved crude oil. and fuel oil viscosity additives.
Features offered by polyethylene wax in coating films:
1. Wear-resisting, anti-scratch, anti-scratch: wax is distributed in the coating film to protect the coating film, prevent scratches, abrasions and provide abrasion resistance; such as container coatings, wood coatings, decorative coatings, etc. this function.
2. Control the coefficient of friction: usually use its low coefficient of friction to provide excellent smoothness of the coating film, and at the same time, it has a special silk soft touch due to different types of wax.
3. Chemical resistance: Due to the stability of wax, it can give the coating film better water resistance, salt water spray resistance and other properties.
4. Prevent sticking: avoid the phenomenon of sticking and sticking of the coated or printed objects.
5. Control the glossiness: choose the appropriate wax, and have different matting effects according to different addition amounts.
6. Prevent the deposition of hard deposits such as silica, and increase the storage stability of the coating.
7. Prevent metal scratches: Especially in the printing can coatings, in addition to providing good processability, it can also protect the storage stability of the printing cans.
Waxes for coatings are mainly added in the form of additives, and wax additives generally exist in the form of water emulsions, which are initially used to improve the surface anti-spreading properties of the coating film. It mainly includes improving the smoothness, scratch resistance and water resistance of the coating film. In addition, it can also affect the rheological properties of the coating, and its addition can make the orientation of solid particles such as aluminum powder in the metallic glitter paint uniform.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon