How to use photosensitive etching ink
1. Oil adjustment: The main component of the photosensitive etching ink that has just left the factory is epoxy resin, which is relatively thick. Like Daodao, there is a pure resin photosensitive etching ink DD-2602 with a resin content of 70%, which can be used as a precision etching product. above. The ink needs to be diluted with diluent before use. As mentioned earlier, the general methods for diluting photosensitive etching ink are: anti-white water, 783 boiled oil water, and Tianna water. A small number of inks will be diluted with gasoline, but those diluted with gasoline are used. The ink is not safe enough, so few manufacturers produce it. Adding an appropriate proportion of diluent to the ink can facilitate and better inking. According to the different inking methods, the proportion of diluent added will also be different.
2. Cleaning of the board surface: The metal plate that needs to be etched will inevitably have some stains. These stains need to be cleaned up before inking to prevent incomplete inking due to the unclean board surface, which will affect the etching effect.
3. Inking: The method of inking is generally screen printing, spraying or rolling. For better inking, the ink needs to be diluted to a certain viscosity. It is recommended to add 1-5% thinner for screen printing, 10-20% for roller coating, and 30-45% thinner for spraying. Inking is to spread the ink evenly on the plate to be etched. For uniform exposure later, attention must be paid to the uniformity during the ink inking process. The thickness is controlled within 12um after drying.
4. Curing: The ink must be cured before exposure. It can be self-drying, or it can be baked in the oven. The curing time depends on the weather temperature, humidity, and the boiling oil and water used. The inks of different manufacturers will have certain differences. The self-drying time is 2-8 hours. hard wax manufacturers india During the natural drying process of the ink, pay attention to storage in the dark to prevent the ink from reacting with ultraviolet light and affect the development effect. Baking is suitable for some small signs, generally 70-100 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes.
5. Exposure: After the ink is dry, it is best to expose it on the same day, and the exposure energy is 100-200mj/cm². Many hardware sign etching manufacturers are 2000w exposure machines, and the exposure time is generally one minute. According to the ink of different manufacturers, the exposure parameters should be adjusted appropriately.
6. Development: The exposed metal sheet needs to be developed to produce graphics or text. The development is to use 1% sodium carbonate to remove the ink from the unexposed part to expose the metal surface that needs to be etched. Photosensitive etching ink, as long as the exposure is good, generally develops the image very well. It takes about a minute or two to develop the graphic pattern you want. The resolution of the ink determines the accuracy of the development. If the text or graphics are relatively fine, it is necessary to use high-resolution ink, such as DD-1602 photosensitive etching ink, Chuanyu PR-2000SA etching blue oil.
7. Etching: Etching is the key to making hardware signs. Etched plates are made of various metal materials, such as stainless steel, aluminum, copper, alloy, iron, etc. The etching solution used is mostly 60% ferric chloride solution, which determines the etching speed, generally the concentration of the etching solution and the temperature of the etching solution. In order to etch faster, some will add a certain proportion of hydrochloric acid to the ferric chloride solution, but hydrochloric acid is not easy to buy, so many directly use the ferric chloride solution for etching.
8. Ink removal: After etching the metal plate, rinse it with clean water to remove the etching solution residue inside. Then the photosensitive blue oil on the sign can be removed by 5% sodium hydroxide aqueous solution. Generally, the ink removal time is 2-3 minutes, and the solution temperature is kept at 50-80 degrees Celsius. The higher the temperature, the faster the ink removal.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon