What is the role of high gloss wax in powder coatings? Waxes can play a role in the curing process of powder coatings. Whether it is matting or improving the performance of the coating film, the first thing that comes to mind is to use wax. Of course, different types of waxes play different roles in powder coatings.
Control of wax on paint gloss:
1. Extinction. There are two kinds of physical and chemical matting, polyolefin wax matting belongs to the former. When baking, the wax will float to the surface of the coating film and form a fog, which has the effect of reducing gloss. If the wax powder is used alone, the dosage is 1.0-3.5% (wt), it can not only overcome the influence of the filler matting on the flatness of the coating surface, but also overcome the indoor and outdoor chemical matting agents, so as to overcome the unfavorable factors of unstable gloss .
2. In this type of application, try to use micronized wax as it is easy to disperse. If the wax in the form of a sheet is used, when it is added to 1.5% (wt), there will be slight depressions on the surface of the coating, and after re-extrusion, the depressions will only increase, and the flat products generally add the most amount. As large as 3.5% (wt), if this amount is exceeded, the powder melt level fluidity is significantly reduced. In addition, the wetness of the powder is large, and the chargeability of the powder is poor.
Tianshi high-gloss wax is a high-cost white bead-like low molecular weight cracked wax, non-toxic and non-corrosive, with high softening point, high hardness and moderate viscosity. Compared with resins, it has low melt viscosity, excellent chemical resistance, excellent electrical properties and excellent heat resistance, and has excellent compatibility with various resins. Used in powder coating formulations to increase film hardness, improve scratch resistance and slip.
1. Excellent dispersion performance and compatibility, with excellent external lubrication and internal lubrication.
2. Good thermal stability, low volatility at high temperature, moisture resistance at room temperature, chemical resistance, electrical properties, etc.
3. Improve the wear resistance and scratch resistance of various surface coatings. When used in powder coatings, the addition of 0.3-0.5% can increase the hardness of the powder coatings and increase the scratch resistance and wear resistance of the coating film. Does not affect the gloss of the coating film.
4. Low cost, no toxicity, and high cost performance.
5. Suitable for internal addition.
In addition, high-gloss wax is often used in the production of leather. It has high brightness and natural luster. Wax is used as a polishing agent for the surface of leather, and it is a product for adjusting the surface effects of various leathers.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon