How to add wax powder on top of paint? The role of wax powder in paint is very broad, and the role of different wax powder models of Tianshi in paint is very different.
1. Wear-resisting, anti-scratch, anti-scratch: wax is distributed in the coating film to protect the coating, prevent scratches, abrasions and provide abrasion resistance; such as container coatings, paint coatings, decorative coatings, etc. This function is required.
2. Controlling the coefficient of friction: It usually uses its low coefficient of friction to provide excellent smoothness of the coating film, and at the same time, it has a special silk soft touch due to different types of waxes.
3. Chemical resistance: Due to the stability of the wax, it can give the coating film better water resistance, salt spray resistance and other properties.
The above are the relevant functions of wax powder in coatings. In addition, different wax powder models have effects on gloss, anti-sticking, anti-settling, anti-caking, anti-scratching, etc. Generally in coatings When adding wax powder, pay attention to the following aspects:
1. Temperature control: PE or synthetic wax with low molecular weight, because of its very fine particle distribution, will soften when the temperature is high, so that it aggregates and is not easy to disperse. Therefore, it is recommended that the stirring temperature should be controlled below 50 degrees Celsius during stirring. Especially in summer, more attention should be paid to controlling the stirring temperature.
2. Adding time: wax powder can usually be added at any time. But for extrusion type mixing device, it should be added at the last extrusion as much as possible.
3. Adding method: first stir at a low speed, then sprinkle the wax powder in small amounts in batches, after all the wax powder is added, then increase the stirring speed to 1200rpm, and fully stir until it is completely dispersed Mix evenly, and pay attention to temperature control at all times when dispersing.
4. Precautions: Generally, it is ideal to use esters or alcohols as the pre-dispersing solvent for wax powder.
5. Remarks: PTFE wax powder is not suitable for grinding, and the rest of PE and PP or PE&PP mixed wax should be added in the final stage of mixing and grinding.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon