Polyethylene wax emulsion is usually used as a water-based paint additive. Because of its high softening point, strong non-polar characteristics, and difficult to emulsify, and the ink and coating industries have high requirements for wax emulsion particle size and emulsifier dosage, it has a high melting point and ultrafine The development of particle size polyethylene wax emulsion has always been a technical difficulty in China. Tianshiwax is a professional China polyethylene wax emulsion manufacturers.
1. Physical properties of polyethylene wax emulsion
Water-based coatings commonly used oxidized polyethylene emulsions have a melting range of 90-145°C. They are light yellow translucent, odorless and tasteless, with excellent strength and toughness. The price is lower than palm wax. It has become the first choice for coatings and coatings industries.
2. Application characteristics of polyethylene wax emulsion in water-based coatings
(1) Smoothness, abrasion resistance, and scratch resistance. After the polyethylene wax emulsion is added to the water-based ink, the wax emulsion drifts to the surface of the coating film during the film formation process, uniformly dispersed, and forms a wax protective layer on the coating film , Reduce the coefficient of friction; Therefore, the coating has excellent wear resistance and smoothness, while also changing the direction of the coating force and improving the scratch resistance of the coating.
(2) The effect of emulsion particle size on the gloss of the coating. The visible light wavelength is 400-700nm. When the polyethylene wax emulsion particle size is less than 1/2 of the visible light wavelength, that is, less than or equal to 200nm, light diffraction will occur, which can improve Coating gloss. It is generally believed that the greater the change in the particle size of the wax emulsion, the more obvious the gloss effect; in addition, the gloss of the coating is also related to the crystallinity of the wax. The particle size of wax emulsion has reached the nanometer level, and it is the best surface protectant for high-gloss ink-based systems. Related Reading: Price of Polyethylene Wax Emulsion
3. Application range of polyethylene wax emulsion
Polyethylene wax emulsions are widely used in food packaging containers, textiles, resin finishing agents, softeners, printing inks, water-based paints, printing glues, water-based varnishes (leather, shoe, paper, shoe latex, adhesives, automotive Care, floor care) etc.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon