Sanding powder is a kind of coating additive, whose main components are polyethylene crystals, also polypropylene crystals, etc. It has good fineness and dispersibility, and only needs high speed stirring before use to achieve excellent dispersion effect.
1. The surface of the coating made by adding sanding powder after spraying has a good feel, a three-dimensional visual sense, and can reduce the reflection, has a good matte, giving people an elegant and comfortable feeling, greatly improving the grade of the decorations, is a very promising senior paint and ink products.
2. Good dispersion performance. Because the sanding powder and paint, ink have similar chemical properties, similar density, so it can be evenly distributed in the paint, ink, not easy to float, not easy to precipitate.
3. Good temperature resistance. It can withstand high temperature of about 155℃, and is not afraid of boiling water, strong sunlight, etc. Sanding powder has good thermal stability.
4. Uniform particle size. The unique processing technology makes the particle size distribution of this product narrow, and the particle size can be adjusted according to the user’s requirements. Because of the tight particle size distribution, it has both three-dimensional effect and abrasion resistance.
5. Wide range of application. Sanding powder is suitable for oil-based paints, inks and coatings, and it can show good effects.
The sanding powder has good fineness and dispersibility, and it only needs high speed stirring before use to achieve excellent dispersion effect. It is usually recommended to add 6~8% of this product to paints and inks (the amount can be increased or decreased according to the thickness of the dry film and the density of the sand pattern) to form a sand pattern paint (also known as a standing pattern paint).
Sanding powder characteristics and uses
1. Sanding powder is smooth to the touch.
2. Chemically stable, UV resistant, light resistant, heat resistant, acid and alkali resistant. After surface treatment, it is easy to disperse and has superior solvent resistance. Good compatibility with resin, water-based and oil-based can be used. When applied in water-based system, it will not produce floating, precipitation and whitening phenomenon. Does not contain silicone components, does not affect recoat adhesion.
3. Provide special texture feel and visual effect.
4. Can be used as functional additives to reduce the coefficient of friction and provide different sanding effects, while improving excellent scratch and abrasion resistant surface properties. Sanding powder can give the surface hardness, smoothness and scratch resistance to the coating film.
Scope of application of sanding powder: wood paint, UV paint, UV ink, metal paint, plastic paint, industrial paint, powder coating and ink fields such as lithography, surface printing, silk-screen printing, intaglio-convex version, additive for coating and light-curing ink, imitation leather paint, standing paint, plastic paint, furniture paint, automotive paint, etc. to produce special coating film sanding effect.
Amount of sanding powder added: This product has good fineness and dispersibility, only medium speed dispersion for 10-15 minutes before use, and cannot grind goods over three rolls. It is usually recommended to add 3-8% of this product to paints and inks (the amount of addition can be increased or decreased according to the thickness of the dry film and different requirements of the texture effect) to form a sandy surface paint (also called standing paint).
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon