Epoxy PE wax powder modifies asphalt, and wax affects the three major indicators of asphalt. Asphalt with a high wax content and asphalt with a low wax content of the same brand have a higher softening point and a lower ductility. As the penetration temperature increases, the asphalt mixture’s ability to resist water damage becomes worse, its adhesion to the aggregate becomes worse, it is easy to peel off, and high temperatures are prone to rutting.
Similarly, at low temperatures, asphalt will become brittle and hard, resulting in reduced low-temperature cracking resistance of the road surface and the occurrence of cracks. In addition, wax will reduce the adhesion between asphalt and stone, which will cause cracks in the presence of water. It will cause pavement stones to peel off and cause pavement damage. What’s more, waxy asphalt will reduce the skid resistance of the asphalt pavement and affect the driving safety of the pavement.
The wax content of leach refers to the wax content that crystallizes and precipitates in a specified solvent and low temperature after the oil is distilled by distillation.
Impact on asphalt mixture pavement:
1. High temperatures soften the mixture. Therefore, the mixture made with high wax content will also become soft easily and have poor stability at high temperatures.
2. It becomes hard and brittle at low temperatures and has poor deformation ability under low temperature conditions. Therefore, the asphalt mixture pavement has poor low-temperature deformation ability.
3. Due to the presence of wax, it is easy for the asphalt and aggregate to peel off (i.e., the adhesion is reduced).
4. Wax is easily wrapped on the surface of the stone, reducing the anti-skid performance of the asphalt mixture road.
5. The presence of wax will lead to inaccurate indoor test data, thus affecting the quality of the asphalt mixture road.
Features of TIANSHI’s special polyethylene wax for road sign coatings:
1. High melting point: high softening point, which can improve the heat resistance of the coating;
2. Fast drying: the coating construction cools down quickly, and the construction road surface can be opened 30% earlier;
3. High hardness: This is used to protect the coating film, prevent scratches and abrasions, and improve wear resistance;
4. Medium viscosity: prevents the hardening and deposition of glass beads and other auxiliary materials, and increases the qualified service life of the coating; 5. High strength: has toughness, effectively improving the strength of road markings;
6. Good wettability: It can wet titanium dioxide very well, give full play to the covering ability of titanium dioxide, and increase the whiteness of marking paint; usage scenarios: high and mid-range hot-melt road marking paint, hot-melt Raised marking paint, hot-melt colored anti-skid pavement, etc.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon