PE pipes have many excellent physical and chemical properties, such as corrosion resistance, good toughness, and economical cost-effectiveness. Among them, polyethylene wax plays an irreplaceable role in this. In the previous part, we discussed the characteristics and properties of PE pipes. Let’s continue to share the excellent properties and characteristics of PE pipes.
1. The connection is convenient, the construction is simple, and the methods are various. The diameter of the PE pipe is easy to handle and has few welding ports. When the pipeline is long, the use of coil laying (generally refers to the diameter of the pipe is less than 63 mm) requires that the PE pipe is much lower than that of the steel pipe. In addition, the method of submerging the pipe can be used for laying on the bottom of the water, which greatly reduces the difficulty and cost of construction.
2. Good sealing. The PE pipe itself adopts hot melt connection, which essentially ensures the unity of the interface material structure and the pipe body itself, and realizes the integration of the joint and the pipe. The tensile strength of the interface is higher than that of the pipe body, which can effectively resist the hoop stress and axial stress generated by the internal pressure. Therefore, compared with rubber ring type joints or other mechanical joints, there is no leakage risk caused by joint distortion, and the sealing performance is very good.
3. It is easy to maintain and can be maintained and installed without water and gas.
4. Good stress cracking resistance. PE pipe has low notch sensitivity, high shear strength and excellent anti-marking ability, and its resistance to environmental stress is very outstanding.
5. Good impact resistance at low temperature. The low temperature embrittlement temperature of polyethylene is low, and it can be used safely in the temperature range of -20-40. During construction in winter, due to the good impact resistance of the material, the pipe will not be brittle.
6. Good wear resistance. The wear resistance test of polyethylene pipe and steel pipe shows that its wear resistance is 4 times that of steel pipe.
7. The water flow resistance is small. PE pipe has a smooth inner surface. The smooth surface and non-adhesive properties ensure that the PE pipe has a higher transport capacity than traditional pipes, and also reduces the water transport energy consumption due to pressure loss in the pipeline.
8. A variety of new construction methods. PE pipes have a variety of construction techniques. In addition to the traditional excavation method, a variety of new trenchless techniques can be used for construction, such as pipe jacking, directional drilling, lining pipe, cracking pipe, etc. This is the only option for some places where excavation is not allowed, so the application field of PE pipes is wider.
Tianswax produce wax additives for PE pipes, please feel free to contact us.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon