In the production process of plastics, the friction between the molten polymer molecules and the friction with the processing machinery and equipment need to be considered during molding. These frictions will increase the viscosity of the polymer melt, reduce the fluidity, and affect the surface quality of the product. Therefore, in the process of processing, it is necessary to add lubricants to improve the melt fluidity, improve the release effect of plastic parts, and improve the plastic processing performance.
Recommended product types:
(1) Paraffin Wax:
Melting point 57-63℃, no polar groups, it is a typical external lubricant. Due to its low melting point, easy evaporation and low melt viscosity, it can only play a lubricating role in a narrow range, and is suitable for extrusion by single and twin screw extruders. The general dosage is 0.1-0.8PHR. This product has poor transparency and is easy to whiten.
(2) Polyethylene wax:
White powder with a softening point of about 100-117°C. Due to its large relative molecular mass, high melting point and low volatility, it also shows obvious lubricating effect at higher temperature and shear rate. wax powder for plastic It is suitable for single and twin screw extrusion of rigid PVC, and the usual dosage is 0.1-0.5PHR.
(3) Oxidized polyethylene wax:
White or light yellow powder or granules, although oxidized polyethylene wax contains a small amount of polar groups, it is still incompatible with PVC, but its lubricating efficiency is high, which can improve the lubricity between polymer and metal, improve extrusion efficiency, improve The dispersibility of the colorant gives the product good transparency and gloss. The dosage is 0.1-0.5PHR.
1. Widely used as lubricant and release agent for various plastics, suitable for fiber masterbatch and high temperature engineering plastics (PC/PVC/PA/ABS/POM/PET/PP) modification, and PC/PVC/PA/ Excellent compatibility with ABS/POM/PET/PP.
2. It is suitable for the internal lubricant of PVC, PS, etc.
3. It is suitable for extrusion molding and calendering molding, which can improve the processing efficiency, prevent the adhesion of films, etc., and is conducive to the dispersion of fillers or pigments in the polymer matrix.
4. It plays an important role in improving the mold release and fluidity of filled PET/PBT.
The role of general plastic lubricants and release agents:
1. Improve the dispersibility of difficult-to-disperse pigments (organic, inorganic fillers).
2. Improve the tinting strength of pigments and save costs.
3. It can increase the concentration of the pigment while improving the dispersibility.
4. Excellent compatibility with various resins.
5. Easy to use and increase the production rate.
6. As an internal lubricant in engineering plastics, it has a good coupling effect on fillers and fibers.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon