Wax content on asphalt has an impact on the three indicators, high wax content of asphalt and low wax content of the same standard asphalt, softening point increases, ductility decreases, needle penetration increases.
Asphalt at room temperature is a bulk density of 1.25 ~ 1.35g/cm3 black solid, heated to a fixed temperature that is softened state, according to the different softening points, there are four types of asphalt.
(1) Low-temperature asphalt (soft asphalt), global law softening point of 35 ~ 75 degrees Celsius.
(2) Medium temperature asphalt, the softening point of the global method is 75 to 95 degrees Celsius.
(3) High-temperature asphalt (hard asphalt), the global method softening point of 95 ~ 120 degrees Celsius; In addition, according to user requirements, coking plants can produce softening point of 120 ~ 250 degrees Celsius extra-high temperature asphalt.
(4) Modified asphalt. Modified asphalt is made of medium-temperature asphalt as raw material. Ordinary medium-temperature asphalt in the benzene insoluble points BI is about 18%, quinoline insoluble points QI is about 6%. When this asphalt for heat treatment, asphalt in the aromatic molecules in the thermal condensation process due to chemical reactions to produce hydrogen, methane and water. At the same time asphalt in the original part of the β resin into secondary α resin, part of the benzene solubles into β resin, α components greatly increased, bonding greatly increased, asphalt has been modified to some extent. This asphalt is called modified asphalt.
Modified wax is a viscosity-reducing warm mix agent, mainly has the following characteristics.
1. Improve the asphalt high temperature properties, improve the asphalt temperature sensitivity.
2. Effectively reduce the mixing and construction temperature of asphalt mixture.
3. Improve the low temperature viscosity of asphalt, and improve the rheological resistance of asphalt pavement.
4. Effectively reduce the high temperature viscosity of asphalt.
5. Reduce harmful gas emission.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon