Basic concept of liquid paraffin
The chemical formula of liquid paraffin is CH3-(CH2)n-CH3, (n: 10-15). Liquid paraffin refers to saturated hydrocarbons without carbon branches. Liquid paraffin is mainly derived from fatty acids, waxes and hydrocarbons of living organisms; short-chain n-alkanes with a carbon number less than C20 are mostly derived from aquatic algae and microorganisms, while high-carbon n-alkanes in the range of C22 to C32 are derived from terrestrial sources higher plants. High carbon number (C21-C33) has odd-carbon predominance, n-alkanes often appear in source rocks rich in organic matter of terrestrial higher plants, and have obvious odd-even predominance in the range of C21-C33. It is generally believed that they originate from higher plants. Waxy. The n-alkanes with even-carbon dominance often appear in saltwater lacustrine facies oil-source rocks and crude oil. The cause of their even-carbon dominance is generally believed to be the reduction of even-carbon n-fatty acids and alcohols or the catalysis of carbonate minerals. There may also be other causes. So what are the classifications of liquid paraffin?
Classification of liquid paraffin
Liquid paraffin (referred to as liquid wax) refers to the paraffin containing n-alkanes obtained from kerosene or diesel oil fractions as raw materials, through molecular sieve adsorption and separation or isopropanol-urea dewaxing, because it is transparent and colorless or light yellow liquid at room temperature. , so it is called liquid paraffin. According to the distillate, it can be divided into light liquid paraffin (referred to as light wax) and heavy liquid paraffin (referred to as heavy wax). Know the classification of liquid paraffin, what are the specifications of liquid paraffin and which aspects are used.
Specification and application of liquid paraffin
1. C10, commonly known as: 200# (other names: n-decane, decan, n-decane), appearance and properties: colorless transparent liquid, with trace odor. Insoluble in water, miscible in ethanol and ether. It is mainly used as catalyst, solvent, high-efficiency detergent, non-toxic green paint, leather, rubber and decadioic acid for organic synthesis, and also for fuel research. It is the preferred product for green electronic dry cleaning agent.
2. C11 (N-undecane alkane) is a colorless liquid, insoluble in water, miscible in ethanol and ether. It is the main raw material for the production of undecanoic acid and can be used as a cleaning agent in the electronics industry. Mainly used in polyamide engineering plastics, it is the main raw material of nylon 1011 and nylon 1010, and it can also be used as an important raw material for hot melt adhesive, lubricant and synthetic rubber. It can also be used in equipment rust remover, latex product sol, etc., to prepare and submit liquid paraffin emulsion, chlorine Paraffin additive, toxic product release agent.
3. C12 (laurcane, n-dodecane) is a colorless liquid, insoluble in water, but miscible in ethanol and ether. It is used as the main raw material for adding aerosol pesticides, pesticides, and washing daily chemical products. Derivatives: Dodecanedicarboxylic acid is mainly used in polyamide engineering plastics and is the main raw material of nylon 1212 and nylon 612. It can also be used to prepare high-standard intermediates, lubricating oils, rust inhibitors, powder coatings, hot melt adhesives, synthetic Fibers and other polymers, main components in advanced ink formulations, chlorinated paraffin additives, wood insect repellents, preservatives, toxic product release agents.
4. C13 (n-tridecane) is a colorless liquid, insoluble in water, but miscible in ethanol and ether. Solvent-based raw materials used in paint, rubber, latex production and other industries are the main additives for lubricant surfactants. Derivative product tridecanediacid: mainly used for the preparation of high-grade fragrance and musk T, hot melt adhesive and other adhesives, also the main raw material of nylon 1313, chlorinated paraffin additive, toxic product release agent, cosmetics, etc.
5. C14 (n-tetradecane) is a colorless liquid, insoluble in water, miscible in ethanol and ether. It is the main raw material for the production of 14-carbon alkane. Other applications include: veterinary drug preparations, liquid mosquito coils, hydraulic oil for large punching machines, chlorinated paraffin, anti-corrosion coatings, powder coatings, and can also be used as hot melt adhesives. Its derivative products 14 The linear polyanhydride of carbodibasic acid is a very useful chemical and pharmaceutical intermediate, which can be used as epoxy and propylene resin curing agent, polyester modification additive and so on. It is the main raw material of nylon 1214, and can also be used as military equipment, mechanical parts, automobile pipes, etc., chlorinated paraffin additive, and toxic product isolation agent. The application range of all the above products is constantly expanding and applied in various fields, which can replace the original toxic products such as solvent oil, white oil and aromatic oil.
6. C13-C14 (n-alkane) is mainly used in liquid mosquito coils, aluminum rolling fluid, dibasic acid, chlorinated paraffin, plastic rubber solvent, textile auxiliary base oil, printing and dyeing ink solvent, dewaxing solvent, electrical discharge machining Oil, base oil for special anti-rust oil, base oil for metal processing, metal cleaning agent, liquid wax for lamps, etc.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon