The role of water-based wax emulsion in coatings, the polyene wax emulsion produced by Tianshi has been widely used in the water-based coating industry, and can be used with most neutral and weak alkaline water systems. Mixed for varnishing, finishing, demolding, sizing and more. It can be said that the application of water-based wax emulsion is very extensive.
1. Advantages of wax emulsions: Physical properties of polyene wax emulsions Oxidized polyene emulsions commonly used in water-based coatings have a melting range of 90 to 145 °C, are light-colored and translucent, odorless and tasteless, and have excellent strength and toughness. The price is lower than that of palm wax, and it has become the wax of choice in the paint and coating industries.
2. Application characteristics of polyene wax emulsion in waterborne coatings:
(1) Smoothness, abrasion resistance, scratch resistance, after adding the polyene wax emulsion to the water-based ink, the wax emulsion drifts to the surface of the coating film during the film-forming process, disperses evenly, and spreads on the coating film. A wax protective layer is formed, which reduces the coefficient of friction; therefore, the wear resistance and slip of the coating are excellent, and at the same time, the direction of the coating force is changed, and the scratch resistance of the coating is improved.
(2) The influence of the particle size of the emulsion on the gloss of the coating. The visible light wavelength is 400-700 nm. When the particle size of the polyene wax emulsion is less than 1/2 of the visible light wavelength, that is, ≤ 200 nm, it will produce Diffraction of light, thereby increasing the gloss of the coating. It is generally believed that the larger the particle size change of the wax emulsion, the more obvious the gloss effect; in addition, the gloss of the coating has a certain relationship with the crystallinity of the wax. The particle size of wax emulsion has reached nanometer level, which is the best surface protectant for high gloss ink system.
3. Polyene wax emulsion is widely used in textile, resin finishing agent, softener, printing ink, water-based paint, printing glue, water-based varnish, etc.
With the rapid development of the water-based paint industry, the scope of application of polyene wax emulsion is becoming more and more extensive. Tianshi wax powder is dedicated to the production and research and development of water-based wax. In the future, Tianshi water-based wax products The quality and output will be further improved to meet the diversified needs of the market.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon