The application of polyethylene wax in hot-melt coatings. Polyethylene wax is specially used for hot-melt road marking coatings. The main considerations are the purity of the polyethylene wax, whether it contains paraffin wax, and whether it is mixed with calcium powder. False, etc. The low softening point of polyethylene wax can easily cause problems such as soft hot melt marking lines, slow drying in summer, shedding, cracking, and poor resistance to stains. It is recommended to use pure polyethylene with a softening point of not less than 100 degrees. wax.
This series of products is mainly used in hot-melt road marking paint and has the following characteristics:
(1) High softening point can improve the heat resistance of the coating; low viscosity can be adjusted to improve leveling.
(2) Wear-resistant, anti-scratch, anti-abrasion: Wax is distributed in the coating film to protect the coating film, prevent scratches, abrasions and provide wear resistance.
(3) Control the friction coefficient: Its low friction coefficient is usually used to provide excellent smoothness of the coating film, and at the same time, it has a special silky soft touch due to different types of wax.
(4) Chemical resistance: Due to the stability of wax, it can give the coating film better resistance to water, salt spray and other properties.
(5) Preventing lamination: Avoid back-adhesion and lamination of painted objects or printed objects.
(6) Control the gloss: Choose the appropriate model. Depending on the amount of addition, it will have different matting and gloss-increasing effects, and the three-dimensional effect will be good.
(7) Prevent the hardening and deposition of auxiliary materials such as silicon dioxide and increase the storage stability of the paint.
The polyethylene wax(PE Wax) used in hot-melt road marking paint should be dry, free of agglomerations and impurities, and should be transparent, translucent, milky white to light yellow granular or flaky solid.
Instructions for use: Keep at 180℃~220℃ for 4 hours under stirring. During this process, the polyethylene wax should have no obvious color turning to black, coking, agglomeration, etc.; after heating for 4 hours, the polyethylene wax Gardner Color number <7.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon