With the enhancement of environmental awareness, some paints are gradually no longer used, and newer water-based paints are used instead. When using water-based paint, we need to use water-based paint dispersant. It determines the quality of water-based paint and is very important.
First, The role of water-based paint dispersants
1. The main function of the dispersant is to disperse the particles that need to be dispersed in the water-based paint on the surface, so that it has better stability.
2. The dispersant can improve the gloss of the water-based paint, improve the flatness of the surface of the water-based paint, and maintain a certain stability, so that when the sun shines on the wall, the water-based paint will emit a good gloss.
3. It can prevent the color of the water-based paint surface from becoming flowery. If the dispersant is not used properly, the color flower will appear.
4. The dispersant can also reduce the viscosity of the paint, so that more pigments can be placed.
5. The dispersant can also increase the stability of the water-based paint. If the strength of the dispersant is not good, the stability of the water-based paint will be destroyed, which is not easy to see from the surface.
6. Dispersants can also increase the color transparency and saturation of water-based paints, and enhance the covering power of water-based paints.
Second, the advantages of water-based paint dispersants
1. Dispersants can be used in any kind of water-based coatings. Anionic dispersants can be used to disperse inorganic pigments in water-based coatings and can also play a role in stabilizing coatings. This dispersant has the advantage of not foaming , which can increase the defects of the coating film and the use of defoaming agents.
2. The dispersant can also reduce the viscosity of the water-based paint and change the operation method. It has a lot of stability to the viscosity of the latex paint and can prevent the pigment from being precipitated. When used together with a non-ionic wetting agent, it can also have a good wetting effect, strengthen the dispersion effect, and have very good stability characteristics.
3. The water-based paint can be directly painted on a relatively wet wall or in a relatively humid place. This is because the water-based paint has a very good ability to adapt to the environment and can be well attached to the wall. The construction tools of water-based paint can be washed with water, which is very convenient.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon