The application of polyvinyl wax in ink, polyvinyl wax is a low molecular weight polyvinyl homopolymer or copolymer widely used in coatings. The so-called wax means that the polymer is finally distributed in the form of microcrystals on the surface of the coating to play a role similar to wax but more diverse.
Polyethylene wax（PE Wax）, also known as polymer wax or polyolefin wax for short, is widely used because of its excellent cold resistance, heat resistance, chemical resistance and abrasion resistance. In normal production, polyolefin wax can be directly added to polyolefin processing as an additive.
It can increase the light translation and processing performance of the product. As a lubricant, polyolefin wax has stable chemical properties and good electrical properties; The base rubber has good compatibility and can improve the fluidity of polyvinyl, polypropylene, ABS and the mold release of polymethyl methacrylate and polycarbonate.
Compared with PVC and other external lubricants, polyvinyl wax has stronger internal lubrication. , solvent, that is, the liquid component in the ink), fillers, additives (plasticizers, desiccants, surfactants, dispersants) and other substances.
Application advantages of polyolefin wax in ink:
1. Adding 1-3% polyolefin wax to the ink can change the fluidity of the ink and reduce the viscosity of the system.
2. It can improve the abrasion resistance and scratch resistance of ink; improve the dispersion of pigments.
3. It can also improve the hydrophilicity, accelerate the fixation, and make the printing dots complete.
4. Polyethylene wax improves the printing performance of the ink.
5. When polyolefin wax is added to the ink, it can be dispersed in an organic solvent and emulsified with water to make a micronized wax with a suitable particle size.
The effect of a polyvinyl wax depends on several factors: the type of polyvinyl wax, the final particle size, the ability to migrate to the surface of the coating and the composition of the coating, the nature of the substrate to be coated, and the method of application wait. As an additive, polyethylene wax is not only used in solvent-based paints and inks, but also used in water-based paints and inks.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon